Thank you to all the organisers, volunteers and attendees involved in making DIS 2012 a success.
We look forward to seeing you all at DIS 2014 in Vancouver!
Designing Interactive Systems
The ACM conference on Designing Interactive Systems is the premier, international arena where designers, artists, psychologists, user experience researchers, systems engineers and many more come together to debate and shape the future of interactive systems design and practice. At DIS 2012 we will turn our focus to what happens when our interactive systems are used "in the wild". Join us to discuss the opportunities, issues and challenges of interactive systems when they are placed in the lived, everyday experiences of people, institutions and practices.
DIS 2012 will be held in the historic and beautiful city of Newcastle, UK. Situated on the River Tyne, Newcastle is the cultural capital of the North East of England, renowned for its relaxed pace, friendliness and active night life. DIS 2012 will be hosted by Culture Lab, a cross-disciplinary centre for creative and digital technologies research at Newcastle University.
Newcastle will also host Pervasive 2012 the following week.
- December 09, 2011: Workshop proposal deadline
- January 20, 2012: Full and short paper submission deadline
- March 07, 2012: Doctoral consortium deadline
- March 17, 2012: Author notifications
- March 23, 2012: Demonstration/posters deadline
- April 15, 2012: Camera ready deadline
- May 04, 2012, 23:59 GMT: Early registration deadline
- June 11 2012: Doctoral consortium
- June 11-12, 2012: Workshops
- June 13-15, 2012: Main conference